Ghent - Belgium
The EMEA Electrics and control department , located in Ghent -Technology Park, is one of the fastest growing departments and is part of the EMEA Development Center.
The Department is responsible for :
- Development of embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry.
- Cloud and App development: we are developing together with our partners our cloud platform to manage, steer, … our complete range.
These developments are only possible with the help of the supporting sections: Innovation & Maintenance and Support & Infrastructure (inclusive testing).
As model based software design engineer, you will deliver innovative model based engineering solutions for our control challenges to the Electrics & Control teams. You will be the bridge between our advanced/innovation team, the thermodynamics, and the application and equipment control teams.
- To realise these objectives, you will
- Set up tailor made model-based software design workflows to optimize time of development
- Design of new control methods/structures and improve process control and understanding
- Set up and use of real-time prototyping to transfer innovation control structures to production intended software (early concept validation, parameter tuning, software testing and validation)
- Data analytics and functional algorithm design
- Translate Matlab models into executable specifications and code for the development engineers in our application and equipment control teams
- Write technical documentation
You experience large autonomy and take ownership of your projects: coordinate activities, set up and implement action plans, budget control, guard deadlines, identify and solve potential bottlenecks, ensure timely communication to all parties involved and collaborate closely together with the other development teams to meet product and design constraints
- Engineering degree in Mechatronics/Robotics/Artificial Intelligence/Data science, preferably PhD
- Highly skilled in mechatronics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, neural networks
- Highly skilled in scientific data analytics
- Experience with black box modelling techniques
- Experience with simulation and auto code generation using Matlab/Simulink
- Able to apply high degree of creativity to a project
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and verbal & written communication skills to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently
- You are communicative and assertive when required
- You are fully conversational in English
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. Our Ghent office is located on top of one of the highest buildings in the Technology Park and has an inspiring 360° view on Ghent and its surroundings.
We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Software Validation Engineer - Embedded
Ghent - Belgium
Model based Software Design Engineer
Ghent - Belgium