Ostend - Belgium
Production Engineering is daily looking for ways to produce our Daikin products as efficiently as possible. This is done by setting up new manufacturing processes and streamlining the production and logistical processes in close co-operation and regular communication with the various manufacturing departments at Daikin Europe N.V.
You will join the Production Engineering team. Production Engineering takes the lead in launching new products in our factory and is designing solutions to make our production and internal logistics more efficient.Today we're looking for an enthusiastic Logistic Engineer. You will be responsible for our logistic value stream. Your daily tasks will include:
- Manufacturing point of contact for continuous logistic improvement.
- Mapping the current state (layout, way of working, parts flow, packaging standard, …), and identify opportunities to improve our logistical processes, needed to produce our products. You will detail different concept proposals and agree with all stakeholders on the projects to be executed.
- Total project management of the assigned improvement projects, starting from proof of concept to project planning and execution up till project closure (continuous PDCA)
- Checking logistical aspects for new products to be launched.
- Your job requires you to proactively think about improvements and innovations. You will have a close co-operation with our operational production department and our 3PL partners. Regular consultation with the design, quality and purchasing departments are also part of your day to day tasks, whereby you will acquire a good insight to the whole Daikin logistic challenges and requirements.
- You have a master degree in engineering.
- Lean knowledge/experience or an industrial engineering education is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English is a must and you communicate easily with your colleagues in an international context.
- You combine analytical thinking with a result-oriented approach.
- You are dynamic, stress resistant and persistent in realizing your targets.
- You are a team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences with others.
We offer you a true challenge; a job with opportunities for growth in the European headquarters of an international company. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. Your competitive salary will be supplemented with an extensive package of extra-legal advantages.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France