Anderlecht/Ostend - Belgium
The legal department of Daikin Europe N.V. is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to strengthen its team in Brussels or Ostend. The Senior Legal Counsel reports to CLO Daikin Europe Group (Daikin Europe N.V. and its subsidiaries).
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will work in the legal department of Daikin Europe N.V. located in Brussels and Ostend. This department is in charge of the general legal support of the Daikin Europe Group, active in Europe, Middle East and Africa such as monitoring and ensuring that the Group’s various activities are consistent with the (national and/or international) laws and regulations, GDPR, contract management, assistance in various projects including M&A and to identify (legal) risks, internal and external, which can cause a negative impact on the Daikin business and image
Your main tasks will be:
- Drafting, negotiation and finalization of all types of contracts for various departments such as distributorship agreements, OEM, International Key Account agreements, marketing agreements, outsourcing agreement etc… in close collaboration with the business
- Follow up and reporting on pending court cases and legal disputes related to the Daikin Europe Group
- Present projects or reports to the high Management board of Daikin;
- Being the legal partner of the business;
- Assistance in various projects (e.g. Brexit, Refrigerant, Digital Legal …)
- Risk and Compliance Management
- You have a Master in Law
- You have at least 5 years of experience in commercial law and familiar with M&A, Risk Management in an international business environment and expert knowledge of data protection and practices (GDPR);
- Excellent knowledge of English is a must, other language is an asset
- You have an interest/experience in Change Management / Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Risk Management
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; business and solution minded with a pro-active approach, service driven, flexible, hand-on and pragmatic
- You are a dedicated team player
- You are a good negotiator both internal and external
Daikin Europe N.V. offers a varied and international feature, where you can work independently and where you can take initiative. You will work in a solid and growing company which is a world leader, encouraging its employees to flourish. You will be part of a professional and dynamic team, where team spirit is put forward. You will benefit from extensive internal and external coaching. Daikin Europe N.V. offers a package of competitive salary related to experience/talents and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the EMEA headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
Interested to join our team?
Send your motivation letter and CV preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OR Register yourself at www.daikin.eu/jobs. Just follow the instructions and your application will be automatically sent to us.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France