Anderlecht/Ghent - Belgium
Our employees are our asset, and our R&D team of over 200 engineers is a very valuable capital.
We want our engineers to excel and in order to do so, we need a training & communication responsible to support us in creating a cohesive staff that is prepared for future growth & success.
- You work closely with Business leaders and HR to understand the development needs and opportunities of our employees. Based on the detected needs you will set up strategies & programs to support EDC’s development actions.
- You create & implement a skill/competency matrix. You map the skills and competencies of our engineers, define those that are key to successfully achieving our company targets and identify the gaps between them. You develop a strategy to cover those gaps and implement it with the support of our management.
- You assess the content of our LMS platform and suggest improvements and extensions of the current available trainings. You maintain this platform up-to-date.
- You proactively design & implement new learning methodologies, opportunities and experiences for our R&D teams.
- You establish long term partnerships and collaborations with universities in order to create new learning opportunities.
- You will be in charge of all these aspects in DENV (largest development centre in the group) and work in close cooperation with our other 3 centres (Germany, Turkey and Czech Republic).
- You search, design and implement effective methods to share knowledge, to educate, enhance and recognize excellent performance.
- Our people should be well informed on the company’s strategy & vision. Therefore we aim to organize more regular (digital or live) internal events to share the direction of the company, and more specifically of EDC, with our employees. The set-up and organisation of these sessions will be your responsibility.
- Our engineers need a platform to discuss in an informal way the projects they are working on, the hurdles that came across, the process they followed to come to an end result or a new product. The set-up and organisation of these platforms will be your responsibility.
- You take care of our internal communication.
- You design and/or implement organisational communication initiatives referring to EDC (e.g. Internal EDC newsletter).
- Our Development Center (EDC) has been growing exponentially over the last 5 years and will continue to grow in the future. This means that Daikin is in constant recruiting mode.
- You support EDC management in the follow-up of the recruitment activities.
- You coordinate the start-up and induction of new employees.
- Finally, you’ll be responsible for the structure and maintenance of our manpower database and you will regularly report to management and/or other departments on various aspects related to our workforce.
- This role will give you the opportunity to be part of an International team. You will be based in our EMEA Headquarters in BXL/Ghent and you will work with colleagues from different countries and backgrounds. You will contribute and help us form the future of our Learning & Development strategy.
- You are graduated with a Master’s degree in Communication or Psychology Science or equal by experience.
- You have 2-3 years of relevant experience in Learning & Development.
- You have experience in – or a strong affinity with - an engineering environment.
- You are familiar with e-learning platforms like LMS.
- You are analytical, while keeping a view on the bigger picture. You are able to find simplicity in complexity and you can effectively report on it both to peers and management.
- You have the ability to build rapport with employees.
- You are hands on and have a proactive approach.
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken), knowledge of any other European language is an asset.
- The job location is Brussels – Ghent.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France