Ostend - Belgium
Are you an all-rounder and interested in IT? Keen to be part of a team and get results? Does problem solving come naturally? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Essential role in key department
Daikin has made several takeovers in recent years, which means that the IT structure must be standardised and centralised in the acquired companies. The Daikin IT Center EMEA in Belgium comprises three departments: IT Planning, IT Development and IT Infrastructure, which support the needs of our growing business. As part of the IT Infrastructure team, your task will be to prepare and implement these standardisation and centralisation projects.
Other projects involve the introduction of new technologies, in order to optimise our business operations.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin is the number one name in air conditioning. As the EMEA headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd., Daikin Europe N.V. designs, manufactures, and distributes air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential, and industrial applications, together with Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
Our offices are located in Brussels and Ostend, and we are also present throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East with our sales networks.
Daikin Europe N.V. is expanding, and offers many advantages as an employer, including a wide international network, a pleasant and stimulating working environment, plus extensive training and coaching. However, highly motivated employees like you are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent. Sound appealing? We can’t wait to meet you.
Following your introduction and training, these will be your most important responsibilities:
- Implementing (planning, developing, testing) new updates and modifications in the existing environment
- Responsibility for project migration and implementation
- Working closely with other team members, Daikin’s IT suppliers and partners to ensure seamless implementation
- Analysing the risks and potential impact of change, determining the details of implementation and test scenarios, and developing the required technical documentation
- Passing projects to IT operations (as the section responsible for system maintenance and support after the go-live)
- Respecting the (project) budget and clearly explaining and reporting the project status
Your key domains/technologies will be:
- Azure cloud & Windows Server technology
- Citrix (XenApp, XenDesktop)
- Web Application Firewall & reverse proxy (F5)
- Backup, Storage & Archive environment (Netapp, EMC Data domain, EMC Centera …)
- Certificate Management (PKI, Microsoft,…)
- Windows File & printing services
- SAP Infrastructure & SAP cloud
- You are fascinated by computer sciences and have a master degree in IT or similar.
- Ideally you are already familiar with at least one of the above applications. If not, you have the determination and ability to quickly acquire this knowledge.
- Experience in project management would be an asset. Lacking this experience? Then you certainly have the capability to coordinate the activities of different internal and external partners in an IT project.
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken). Dutch is an added bonus.
- You are customer focused, a strong communicator and not afraid to give a presentation
- You take responsibility and target solutions
- You are precise and well organised
This challenging role gives you the chance to grow in the European headquarters of an international company. You benefit from an unlimited and permanent contract, and will receive thorough training and intensive support right from day one. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a range of fringe benefits.
Keen to join our team?
Send us your letter of application and CV, preferably by e-mail to email@example.com.
OR Register on www.daikin.eu/jobs. Follow the instructions and your CV will be sent to us automatically. Maybe see you soon , after all… talent does well at Daikin!
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France