Ostend - Belgium
Our IT Center EMEA counts 3 departments: IT Planning (PLAN), IT Development (BUILD) and IT Infrastructure (RUN). You will be part of ITC EMEA in Ostend.
The department consists of 40 internal colleagues strengthened with external consultants. The group is young and dynamic with a good team spirit and open communication structure.
We realize innovative IT solutions for our 7000+ Daikin colleagues all over Europe.
We are looking for a motivated IT innovation engineer to introduce new IT technological innovations within the Daikin business processes.
By analysing new IT technological innovation opportunities and close collaboration with business, we expect you to create themes for improved business outcomes.
IT technological innovations such as Robot Process Automation (RPA), Big data, machine learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, AR/VR, Robots, IoT are within our area of interest.
After an intensive introduction and training period, your main tasks will be:
- You will identify and evaluate IT technological innovations that bring business value and have a certain proven ‘track record’!
- You will assist and work in close cooperation with business users to capture requirements & identify opportunities (‘value discovery’).
- You will be involved in collecting and organizing cross-divisional information about IT technological innovation initiatives.
- You will arrange and, where necessary, lead workshops with business and IT partners to create IT technological innovation themes.
- You will prepare and guide the Proof of Concepts for these IT technological innovation themes and evaluate them on effectiveness, cost and use case definition.
- You’re able to present these findings and are able to break them down in a (longer term) action plan proposal.
- You have a master degree in Commercial engineer, IT, Engineering or equal.
- This position is open to young graduates or profiles with experience in introducing new IT technology and innovation within organizations.
- You are pragmatic and have a strong interest in recent IT technologies; you see yourself as an early adopter of new technologies.
- You have analytical and communicative skills.
- You rapidly understand business needs and technological opportunities.
- You have the creativity to match the opportunities to the needs and think “outside the box”.
- You are a team player and try to establish and keep a good relationship with both your IT and business colleagues
- You’re not afraid to take the lead in meetings and present to a mid-size audience.
- You have a very good knowledge of English and Dutch.
- Short stays abroad are no problem
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Service Engineer with focus on Heating (m/f)
Development Engineer HVAC
Ostend - Belgium