Ghent - Belgium
Short after the establishment of the European Design Center (EDC), the EMEA Electrics and control department was created. It is one of the fastest growing departments in order to facilitate and ensure the strong future growth of Daikin. This department is located in, Ghent Technology Park.
Today the role of this new department is twofold:
- Develop embedded software & hardware: we develop and cooperate with external partners to enhance our products, keeping them amongst the best in the industry. Also we prepare them to connect to each other to step into the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Typical examples are: a new User Interface on our Altherma products, gateways to connect to our cloud and a stylish remote controller with App control.
- Cloud and App development: we are developing together with our partners our cloud platform to manage, steer, … our complete range. Especially for the residential market, we are in the process to incorporate the products into one App. Typical examples are: the online controller App, the residential and commercial cloud.
These developments are only possible with the help of the supporting sections: Innovation & maintenance and support & infrastructure (inclusive testing).
To strengthen the Support & Infrastructure Section, we are looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer
After introduction and training, these will be your key tasks:
- Manage the IT infrastructure for our Cloud services and related support tools
- In doing so, it will be necessary to work closely together with other team members, our application development group and our dedicated technology suppliers and implementation partners.
- Analysing risks and possible impact of the changes, defining details of the implementation and test scenarios and drawing up the necessary technical documentation.
- Monitoring the (Project) planning
- Operational monitoring of the environment health and take/coordinate action where needed.
The following key-technologies are already in use:
- Server infrastructure ( Cloud IaaS, Windows, Linux: Red Hat,...)
- Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
- Application virtualisation: Docker containers & OpenShift
- Monitoring: Centreon (Nagios)
- DevOps Tools: Ansible, bash scripts etc..
Standardization and consolidation are key-words in several on-going projects in order to construct the most lean architecture, balancing cost and performance, for the EMEA Cloud solutions. Other projects target the introduction of new technologies to improve the working of our cloud solutions.
- As master you are fascinated by computer sciences or you have a master degree in informatics or equivalent.
- Preferably you already have knowledge of some of the above mentioned technologies or at least you have the eagerness and the capacity to quickly absorb the knowledge of them.
- Preferably you have experience in project management or at least have the skill to coordinate the activities of the several in/external parties involved in an project.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Marketing Coordinator Residential (m/f)
Brunn am Gebirge - Austria
Service Engineer with focus on Heating (m/f)