Anderlecht - Belgium
You will be part of the HR Center of Expertise, a team of HR Experts, covering different
specialisations, such as – next to Employment Law and International Mobility – Talent Acquisition & Development - Compensation & Benefits and HR Information Systems, , with growing focus on EMEA and driving change and innovation in people and organisation related policies.
In addition to your direct colleagues in the HR Center of Expertise, you will also have intensive professional contacts with the other HR Teams (Local and EMEA HR Service Center resp. HR Strategic Business Partners) and with the business leaders.
You will work in our office in Brussels (with minimum 1 day/week presence in Ostend).
- You provide hands-on, legal advice on international employment topics towards HR colleagues and management in the HQ, foreign branches and subsidiaries. These topics include legal aspects of talent contracting, labour conditions, social security and payroll tax, employee benefits, international mobility, suspension and termination of employment relations etc., both under Belgian and European laws, and with application of foreign legal systems.
- You assist in solving questions under foreign/ international employment laws from the business and other HR colleagues.
- You are involved in different international projects, e.g. legal compliant set-up of new employment organisational structures, social law aspects of M&A’s, development of company rules under foreign labour laws, , development of employment related policies on international/EMEA-level, international pooling of employee benefits, etc.
- You proactively follow-up on the developments of EU employment law to support a legal compliant implementation thereof in line with the business needs, and share your expertise within the HR division.
- You are the legal liaison for the HR EMEA organisation to follow up on corporate legal matters and company rules such as related to contract management, GDPR, J-Sox, information security and other risk management reporting activities.
- You actively contribute to the development of EMEA- process-improvements, implemented via specific projects, e.g. optimization and synergies for outsourced payroll of foreign branches/subsidiaries.
- A Master’s degree in Law
- Experience in international employment or a specialisation is a plus
- Good communication skills
- A hands-on personality, with a proactive approach
- A result and improvement-oriented mindset
- You learn fast in a challenging environment
- The skills of a team player and a networker, which enables you to maintain a good relationship with all your stakeholders
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal; any other language is highly appreciate
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job within an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits. A car can be part of the package.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France