Ostend - Belgium
Daikin Europe N.V. is a multinational and leading manufacturer and supplier of HVACR (heat pump, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration) solutions, responsible for the EMEA market. Our global headquarters are located in Osaka, Japan.
Daikin contributes to several EU and global sustainability development goals (Green Deal, SDGs) by providing solutions for comfortable and healthy indoor air, and for a sustainable food cold chain. Daikin has a global vision to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050 throughout the entire lifecycle of our business operations. By 2025, Daikin targets to achieve 30% reductions of greenhouse gas emissions by 2025 and 50% by 2030 compared to business as usual scenarios.
As an environmental sustainability coordinator you will :
- Establish a methodology to measure the organisation environmental footprint (OEF method), in cooperation with our headquarters in Japan (Daikin Industries) and in line with international standards and EU legislative requirements. The first priority will be the organisation carbon footprint during the use and waste phase of our products (GHG protocol scope 3)
- Report future changes of standards and legislative requirements that may impact the OEF methodology, enabling early preparation to meet future requirements.
- Support Daikin Europe EMEA organisation to follow up and report the progress of their environmental action plans
- Stimulate and analyze additional opportunities for saving carbon emissions and clarify how to include them in the GHG calculations.
- Set up a coordinated program to reduce the environmental impact of Daikin offices in EMEA region (“Green heart office program”)
- Provide guidelines and contents towards corporate communication and marketing departments on how Daikin can communicate on our environmental sustainability performance.
- Fluent in English, other languages are an asset
- You hold a master’s diploma and have a strong interest in the domain of organizational environmental footprint methodologies
- Strong teamplayer
- Learned-minded person with good social and communicative skills.
You can count on a dynamic job within the European headquarter of an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and work together. We offer you an open ended contract. This position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits, including a flexible mobility package (public transport /bicycle/car).
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France