Ostend - Belgium
As EMEA Development Centre (EDC), we develop air-conditioning, heating, refrigeration and ventilation products. As well controls and IOT solutions are developed. These are produced in different factories located within and outside Europe. These products are put on the market through our various Daikin distributors and affiliates within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
As a Development Engineer within our EMEA Development Centre, you will be involved in the development of heat-pumps, commercial air conditionings and ventilation products, taking account of the requirements of the different stakeholders (customers, manufacturing, sales, …).
Core tasks in these developments include:
- Development of the mechanical and thermodynamic design in order to reach the required product specifications.
- Test and adapt the products in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Determine which tests and evaluations the products must undergo and analyse the test results.
- Based on your thermo dynamical knowledge, analyse the system performance and workout proposals to improve the product efficiency.
- Determine your own work-plan autonomously while taking the global planning within and outside EDC into account.
- Discuss your interim results with the management, make diagnoses and ensure the setting up and implementation of action plans to identify and avoid bottlenecks.
- Equally important is your role as contact person between EDC and other departments such as Sales, Procurement, Quality and Production, whereby you will acquire a good insight to the whole Daikin production process.
- You have a Master degree in engineering, for example in mechanics, electromechanics or thermodynamics.
- You are a person with a strong technical interest, willing to lead and follow-up a project.
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions for technical requirements and specific client enquiries.
- You enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, make priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of both spoken and written English are essential for this position. Knowledge of another European language is a plus.
- This vacancy is open to both recent graduates and candidates with experience.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. You will become part of the EDC team which is engaged to make the world a greener place by introducing renewable alternatives in our cooling/heating market. You will be supported by a team of enthusiastic engineers. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France