Ostend - Belgium
The Product Development Section is part of the EMEA Development Centre. For new developments the engineers communicate and collaborate closely with the related manufacturing and design groups to development new technologies from initial concept to prototype.
As development engineer, you will be involved in the development of heat pumps, taking into account the requirements of the different stakeholders (customers, manufacturing…). You are the link between the local department teams (Design, Quality, Production, Sales, Procurement) on the one hand, and the suppliers and external parties on the other hand.
Your responsibilities are:
- Propose new design solutions from initial concept to prototype to meet the market requirements.
- Introduce simulation tools to reduce development time & effort.
- Design and evaluate new components with the support of colleague designers
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities for products and/or quality, cost optimization, standardization..
- Take ownership of your projects (coordinate activities, set up and implement action plans, guard deadlines, identify and solve potential bottlenecks, ensure timely communication to all parties involved..).
- You will regularly discuss your interim results with your management
- Lead technical discussions with internal clients and external suppliers/manufacturers
- Define the product specifications
- Define the testing and adaptation of the products in accordance with relevant regulations
- You have a Master degree in mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering.
- A strong technical and analytical background
- You enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, set priorities and guard deadlines.
- You have great communication skills
- You can work independently and in team
- Good knowledge of English is essential
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Service Engineer with focus on Heating (m/f)
Development Engineer HVAC
Ostend - Belgium