Ghent / Ostend - Belgium
As EMEA Development Centre (EDC), we develop air-conditioning, heating, refrigeration and ventilation products that are produced in different factories located within and outside Europe. These products are put on the market through our various Daikin distributors and affiliates within Europe, Middle East and Africa.
As a Development Engineer within our EMEA Development Centre, you will be involved in the cost optimalisation of the structural design of our various heat-pumps, commercial air conditionings and ventilation products. This is important to guarantee the sustainability of our heat pump business.
Core tasks include:
- Optimize the cost of new concepts by introducing similar parts, optimizing material use and making processing more lean.
- You will work closely together with our cost simulation team, execute cost estimations and complete cost simulation of the total design concept including manufacturing costs by collaborating with our Procurement, Production engineering, and Manufacturing planning departments.
- Once the cost optimalisation ideas are clear and agreed, you will be the project leader to implement them in our designs.
- Work closely together with our CAD designers to prepare prototypes. Determine which tests and evaluations the products must undergo and analyse the test results.
- Determine your own work-plan autonomously and report on regular base your progress. Prepare design review meetings to guide the project in our company from concept to mass production implementation.
- You will also be the contact person between EDC and other departments such as Sales, Procurement, Quality and Production, whereby you will acquire a good insight into the whole Daikin production process.
- You have a Master degree in engineering, for example in mechanics, electromechanics or materials.
- You are a person with a strong technical background and a high interest in product cost.
- You are a team player who is driven to find solutions, communicative and has a pro-active mindset.
- You enjoy playing an active role in projects and you have the requisite self-discipline to draw up timetables, make priorities and meet deadlines.
- Both spoken and written English language are essential for this position.
- This vacancy is open to both recent graduates and candidates with experience.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. You will become part of the EDC team which is engaged to make the world a greener place by introducing renewable alternatives in our cooling/heating market. You will be supported by a team of enthusiastic engineers. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France