Ostend - Belgium
Within our EMEA Development Centre, and more specific in the EMEA Development Quality Department, the Parts & Controls Reliability Section is responsible for the quality judgment of newly developed and selected parts & controls (remote controllers, apps, …) that will be used in our new products. This validation is done by carefully setting up the required specifications and through evaluation and testing of prototypes. This in close cooperation with our unit design groups and suppliers.
A big challenge, because our products and consequently their parts & controls need detailed verification, in order to validate their performance and reliability towards the wide application and operation area.
- As an independent quality evaluator of remote controllers, apps, cloud solutions, … you are deeply involved in the different controls development processes.
- Judge if a new control system is fit to release to the market.
- Build up controls know-how by issuing past trouble lists and lock them into design and test standards.
- Closely cooperate with Unit Product Development and the Electrics & Controls Group to define controls criteria (functional specs, best matching quality vs cost balance, …)
- Organize a final end-user experience test on newly developed controls.
- Deeply analyze possible problems, determine root cause and formulate fitting countermeasures.
- Report to the Parts Reliability Manager and during the Development Review meetings.
- You have a master engineering degree preferably in ICT, electronics or electro-mechanics with a strong interest in controls (remote controllers, apps, …).
- You have a hands-on mentality and like to evaluate the prototype in actual application.
- You are driven to achieve the objectives successfully.
- You have a critical mind set to validate controls , products & services (evaluate and when necessary find root cause of issue).
- You have the ability to react efficiently to occurring changes and problems (keep schedule without lowering the quality level).
- You are a team player and have an openness to cooperate within the entire organization.
- You have a very good knowledge of English and you can preferably speak other European languages
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Service Engineer with focus on Heating (m/f)
Development Engineer HVAC
Ostend - Belgium