Anderlecht - Belgium
Feel like taking on new horizons?
Then we might have the perfect job for you as a Business Development Officer, right here at Daikin Europe!
The Daikin Europe NV (DENV) Transport Refrigeration Department oversees the strategy, business development, marketing and product support for transport refrigeration units designed and manufactured by Daikin. Together with the stationary refrigeration business, Transport Refrigeration is part of Daikin’s comprehensive cold chain offering. Our vision is to cement our position as the premier cold chain solution provider across Europe and globally.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarters of Japan-based Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning, heating, ventilation and refrigeration systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we assure an extensive presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
As a company we are constantly expanding with extensive international contacts in a pleasant, stimulating working environment. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset! That is why we are always looking for new talent.
As a Transport Refrigeration Business Development Officer, you will be based in Brussels, Belgium, from where your efforts will contribute to the realization of our ambitious growth targets. You will be reporting to the Business Development Section Manager, and supporting the sales growth of company-owned affiliates and independent distributors within the DENV group. Being in a headquarters role, you will get a 360-degree view of the business as well as DENV group structure and procedures.
You will be responsible for a group of affiliates or distributors according to your language skills and market knowledge. You will perform a wide range of commercial activities including:
- Support the development of annual budget and sales plan for each of your affiliates and distributors
- Support the development of marketing plan for each affiliate working together with the Marketing Officer
- Continuous follow-up of sales, and define countermeasures to close any gaps to budget
- Continuous coaching of affiliate salespeople of the Daikin sales process and value proposition
- Bring the voice of affiliates, customers and the market trends to the new product development and strategy development processes
- Gather market intelligence and support the ongoing competitive product and price benchmarking process led by the Product Manager
- Stay connected to the market through joint customer visits and trade event appearances
- Support new product launches with close follow-up and experience sharing between affiliates and the SBU team
- Support the sales and service network development process in affiliate countries
- Support process improvement projects and ad hoc problem solving
Experience, education & technical skills
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration or Commercial/Mechanical/other Engineering, with a strong interest in technical and industrial products
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in an industrial multinational company with at least 2 years in sales of commercial automotive equipment or related products
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal. Any other European language, especially German, will be an asset.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with CRM and knowledge of SAP will be an advantage
- Willing to develop a knowledge base in the Transport Refrigeration and Cold Chain industries
- Willing to travel up to 30%.
- Collaborative mindset, able to build and maintain strong working relationship with people at all levels across the company
- Results-oriented with high focus on long term sustainable growth and profitability
- Independent worker, stimulated by new challenges, with a passion for learning
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and work together. We offer you an open ended contract. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits. Relocation costs will be covered where appropriate.
Interested in joining our team?
Send your motivation and CV preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or register yourself at daikin.eu/jobs. You can apply online and we will automatically receive your application!
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France