Anderlecht - Belgium
Feel like taking on new horizons?
Then we might have the perfect job for you as a Business Development Officer, right here at Daikin Europe!
The Daikin Europe NV (DENV) Commercial Refrigeration Department, part of the Refrigeration Strategic Business Unit (SBU), oversees the strategy, business development, marketing and product support for refrigeration units manufactured by the Daikin family of brands including Zanotti, Tewis, Hubbard and AHT. Together with Transport and Industrial Refrigeration businesses, Commercial Refrigeration is part of Daikin’s comprehensive Cold Chain offering. Our vision is to cement our position as the premier Cold Chain solution provider across Europe and globally.
As a Commercial Refrigeration Business Development Officer, you will be based in Brussels, Belgium, from where your efforts will contribute to the realization of our ambitious growth targets. You will be reporting to the Business Development Manager, and supporting the sales growth of a group of affiliates within the DENV group. Being in a headquarters role, you will get a 360-degree view of the business as well as DENV group structure and procedures.
You will be responsible for a set of affiliates according to your language skills and market knowledge. You will perform a wide range of commercial activities including:
- Support development of annual budget and action plan for each affiliate
- Continuous follow-up of sales, and define countermeasures to close any gaps to budget
- Bring the voice of affiliates, customers and the market to the new product development and strategy development processes
- Support the creation and implementation of sales and reporting tools for affiliates
- Stay connected to the market through joint customer visits and trade show appearances
- Gather market intelligence and conduct competitive benchmarking
- Support new product launches with close follow-up and experience sharing between affiliates and the SBU team
- Support process improvement projects, service enablement, marketing planning, and ad hoc problem solving
Experience, education & technical skills
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration or Commercial Engineering, with a strong interest in technical and industrial products
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales of refrigeration equipment or related products in an industrial multinational company
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal. Any other European language will be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience with CRM, and knowledge of SAP modules such as BI, BO, BW will be an advantage
- Willing to develop a knowledge base in the Commercial Refrigeration and Cold Chain industries
- Willing to travel up to 30%
- Collaborative mindset, able to build and maintain strong working relationship with people at all levels across the company
- Results-oriented with high focus on process improvement and efficiency
- Independent worker, stimulated by new challenges, with a passion for learning
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Prefers a structured approach
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and work together. We offer you an open ended contract. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits. Relocation costs will be covered where appropriate.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France