Anderlecht - Belgium
To support the growth and digital transformation of the planning function, we are looking for a Business Controller to join the corporate planning team located in Brussels.
The Corporate Planning department consists of several sections: Group Controlling, Business Analytics, Daikin Europe Planning, Corporate Communication as well as Internal Control and SAP authorization office. These teams together coordinate the budget-making and execution for Daikin in the entire EMEA region (turnover of more than 4 billion EUR).
The department is responsible for drilling down the strategy into annual budgets and realizing the group targets. This is done in cooperation with all sales and manufacturing entities, as well as with other departments. As a backbone for group-wide reporting, the department takes care of the management of the sales-, margin-, and pricing data, as well as collecting and reporting market intelligence.
Our mission is to safeguard and manage profitability, via periodic reporting to top-management, close follow-up and by proposing countermeasure actions.
Furthermore, the department is responsible for the development and implementation of corporate governance and internal controls in the group.
Finally, we also take on any project that is considered priority by top-management.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the EMEA headquarters of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
As a Business Controller you will join the Daikin Europe planning section, a multicultural team based in Brussels responsible for demand planning and follow up on result of Sales and Margin for the EMEA region. Together with local colleagues, planners across Europe and in the sales business units you will be striving to further improve the planning and so the growth of Daikin. This supported by a connected planning tool (Anaplan).
In particular You will:
- be located in Brussels (Anderlecht) and will be actively involved in budgeting and result reporting of Sales and Margin across the group
- support the set-up of new sales flows (e.g. integrate acquired compagnies) and specifically the pricing aspect
- be involved in further developments on the demand planning side of our connected planning software Anaplan. Already a first model is implemented bringing demand planning to a next level. You will be driving further improvements together with Key User colleagues
- prepare management reporting and ad-hoc analyses
- collaborate with Sales SBU, Supply and sales entities across Europe, bringing different parts of Daikin together in order to realise the sales target of 5.7b EUR in 2025
- will be involved in projects of different nature that are inherent to a diverse multinational company
- You have a Master's degree
- You already have some experience as a controller or minimum 3 years of experience in an analytical position
- You work accurate, have the ability to dig into the details, without losing the helicopter view
- You are result-driven with a strong focus on improvements
- You are able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- You are familiar with MS Office
- Experience with BI tools or with financial planning tools (e.g. Anaplan) is a plus.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English, knowledge of other EU languages is an asset.
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to grow and to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits. This function offers an excellent stepping stone to take on more responsibilities in a planning-oriented function or a detachment abroad at one of our EMEA affiliates.
Interested in joining our team?
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France