Ostend - Belgium
The financial activities of Daikin companies in the EMEA area are organised by the Daikin Europe Co-ordination Centre N.V. (DECC). In an international context DECC is involved in all aspects of finance, accounting, credit control and projects of corporate and economic/financial nature.
The accounting team is 10 persons strong and carries the responsibility over the monthly, quarterly and yearly result determination of the EMEA headquarter (DENV), DECC & some of its affiliates as well as for the execution of the EMEA group consolidation and the reporting of consolidated results. Also the mentioned projects can require strong involvement of the accounting team.
- You are responsible for closings of DENV, DECC and some affiliates according to the group standards (IFRS-J) as well as to the Belgian statutory rules.
- You follow-up and monitor the operational accounting tasks happening in our DENV Shared Service Centre.
- You supervise the strict workflow in function of the deadlines and evaluate the existing systems and procedures in order to optimize the day to day operations.
- Based on the internal control procedures (according to J-Sox rules), you ensure the correctness of the figures and procedures.
- You work closely together with the auditors (internal and external); with the departments Finance, Corporate Planning and Manufacturing Planning.
- You monitor the closing activities and operational accounting activities of the DENV Shared Service Centre.
- You are part of a team that closely works together and support your colleagues in the accounting team in the consolidation activities on EMEA level. This can involve as well control activities, the consolidation process itself and the resulting reporting to our mother company.
- From a headquarter perspective you will be involved in a large variety of accounting related projects such as the implementation and/or change to DENV accounting systems (SAP, BW, …), the optimization, harmonization and changes of the European reporting and valuation rules, changes in group structure, etc. This requires intensive interaction with other headquarter departments and our affiliates within the EMEA area.
- You have a Master degree, preferably in an economical/financial area.
- You have 3 year relevant experience in a similar position or were employed in a big 4 company, preferably in an international context.
- A good knowledge of IFRS and Belgian GAAP is recommended.
- You have strong analytical skills, can keep the overview in all situations and think out-of-the-box.
- You have an interest in IT systems.
- Experience with SAP-FI and/or BW is an advantage.
- You are eager to step into a varied accounting domain, as a team player who can take initiative, who is eager to learn and work efficiently.
- You are flexible and communicative.
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Daikin Europe N.V.
Daikin Europe N.V. is the European headquarter of the Japanese company, Daikin Industries Ltd. We design, manufacture and distribute air conditioning and heating systems for commercial, residential and industrial applications. Our headquarters are located in Brussels and Ostend, but through our sales networks we also have a presence throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
We are the market leader in the field of air conditioning and also offer Total Comfort Solutions in the fields of cooling, heating, ventilation and related techniques.
In addition, as a company we are constantly expanding, with extensive international contacts, a pleasant, stimulating working environment, extensive training and coaching, ... Daikin Europe N.V. has many trump cards. However, our highly motivated employees are our greatest asset. That is why we are always looking for new talent.
Interested in strengthening our team?
Send your application letter and CV, preferably by email, to email@example.com.
Or register at www.daikin.eu/jobs. Follow the instructions and your CV will be automatically transmitted to us.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France