Ostend - Belgium
As Accounting & Consolidation Manager you are in charge of the daily coordination of the headquarter Accounting Section. You are taking a responsible role in assuring timely execution of the accounting and consolidation operations and taking lead in company-wide projects with an accounting involvement or dimension. At the same time you are the knowledge reference for financial and accounting expertise within our EMEA network of entities.
You are a coach to your group of 9 accounting professionals, all of them working closely together as the HQ accounting team. This team is in charge of the high end closing of the headquarter and some other companies, monitor accounting operations in group entities and executing the group consolidation & sub consolidations.
Operational stand-alone accounting is performed in our shared service centre based on as well standard operating procedures as on instructions of your team of professionals for specific non-standard events.
An important role of you and your team lays in taking up key user and expert roles in various projects throughout the Daikin Europe group.
The Accounting & Consolidation Manager reports directly to the Department Manager Accounting.
- IFRS-J monthly, quarterly and yearly closing and Belgian GAAP based statutory yearly closing of Daikin Europe N.V. (stand-alone accounting – SAP based) and of Daikin Europe Group (consolidation - BPC). All closings and consolidation within the group are performed in a short closing cycle where operational accounting is covered by the shared service center.
- Monitor the preparation of the consolidated reporting deck and disclosures for the Japan HQ: equity and fixed assets roll forward, consolidated tax breakdowns, defined benefit obligations…
- Primary contact point for auditors, affiliates, shared service centre and Japan HQ for accounting matters (IFRS-based).
- Lead the group in the definition and sharing of group accounting standards & policies, monitor compliance, consult for complex accounting matters within the group.
- J-Sox process owner for Financial Closing and Consolidation
- Providing technical and managerial guidance and/or play an active role in all company-wide projects with an impact on the accounting department (newco's, acquisitions & PMI, new purchase/sales flows, accounting standard changes, ERP changes…)
- Leading a team of 9 accounting professionals: target setting, definition of priorities, day-to-day coaching, evaluations
- Promoting a “continuous improvement” culture to increase efficiency and quality of accounting operations
- You have a Master in Economics or similar by experience;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience of which 5 years in a leading function;
- Knowledge of IFRS and SAP.
- Experience in domains as project management, consolidation, BW, SOX;
- You are an experience people manager, you are easily accessible and you can create a positive climate in which people take initiative and excel;
- You have excellent organisational skills, you can plan as well on short as on long term, you delegate without losing control, you monitor progress in order to reach the targeted result;
- You are hands-on, stress resistant, maintain control and overview in all circumstances and you are focussed on full compliance and securing operations;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English. Knowledge of another European language is a plus.
At Daikin you can count on a varied job, with an international market leader which encourages people to work together and develop. We can offer you a permanent contract. From the very beginning you can count on thorough training and intensive support. Your competitive salary is complemented by a package of extra-legal benefits.
Rhône-Alpes/Auvergne - France
BRON - France