Dartford - UK
Please make sure that you have informed your manager before starting the application process.
- Responsible for providing all aspects of technical assistance, primarily to support the sales and users of the J & E Hall range of Hallscrew compressors, but also to provide any other compressor related support required within the company. The post requires the ability to carry out thermodynamic analysis as well as understanding theoretical and practical aspects of compressor design and operation - in particular, screw compressor design and operation.
- Provide technical assistance to both J & E Hall Sales Managers and users. This may involve the following activities.
- Provide or assist in selection of compressors both from selection software and from first principles for applications and refrigerants not provided in the software.
- Provide advice on the suitability of compressors for requested applications.
- Review and advise on customer system design diagrams.
- Provide product training, create technical presentations for sales managers and clients.
- Provide competitor analysis.
- Attend technical workshops.
- Maintain and develop product selection software. This includes updating the database, identifying software bugs, introducing new compressors, products, and refrigerants.
- Provide technical support where compressors have failed in the field. Evaluate and report on possible cause of failure and potential warranty claims. Liaise with the compressor manufacturing factory or suppliers as necessary and /or make recommendations to users or the factory as appropriate.
- Attend site to evaluate problems, troubleshoot and provide technical assistance.
- Recommend compressor design changes.
- Evaluate, specify, or design compressor accessories.
- Evaluate suitable lubricants and update approved lubricant list.
- Write new compressor manuals and technical bulletins.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to minimum degree level in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering.
- Driving licence is essential.
- Project management skills.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst managing conflicting priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of thermodynamics to a graduate level.
- Practical screw compressor and refrigeration system design experience required.
- 3D CAD (Solid Edge/Solidworks) experience would be beneficial.
If your profile matches the description, do not hesitate to reach out to International Mobility team!
Send us an e-mail to: HR_internationalmobility@daikineurope.com
We will be more than happy to provide more details, answer to your questions and doubts and put you in a contact with the affiliate.