Dartford - UK
Please make sure that you have informed your manager before starting the application process.
A newly created role which is responsible for engineering compliance throughout the business, including developing and executing compliance programs and documentation.
About J&E Hall International
J & E Hall is one of world’s foremost refrigeration solutions providers. Our key activities include the design, manufacture, installation and after sales care of refrigeration and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products.
As a member of the Daikin Group, J & E Hall has 10 locations and over 300 employees in the UK. A third of our workforce are service engineers who work remotely from UK service centres on customer sites. We consider our workforce to be a valuable asset and the success of our company is enabled by the dedication and development of our staff.
About the Business area
Hall Technical Centre is devoted to the development and technical support of industrial products applied in the fields of refrigeration. Some examples include liquid chillers, compressor packages, condensing units, heat pumps, equipment controllers and system controllers.
Typical activities within HTC are:
- Concept creation in coordination with the Sales and Marketing departments.
- Product creation by means of piping and instrumentation diagrams, electrical and control diagrams, 3d modelling and generation of general arrangement drawings, thermal and mechanical and electrical calculations, creation of bills of materials and literature such as Installation, Operation and Maintenance manuals.
- Product support on sales stages, during execution (fabrication), during commissioning, troubleshooting and service.
- We work closely with our colleagues at the design and production centres in Dartford (UK), Newcastle (UK), Ceccina (Italy), Suzhou (China), Wuhan (China), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and New Delhi (India), as well as other locations around the globe.
- Responsible for product and engineering compliance by preventing compliance issues; developing and executing compliance programs; completing documentation.
- Collaborates with product development and project management teams; reviewing design data; identifying and resolving product and engineering design issues.
- Manages processes by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes; initiating engineering change orders.
- Researches and upholds regulatory standards that govern the company’s equipment design and supply.
- Develops compliance plans by researching, analysing, selecting, and applying compliance engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria.
- Maintains a registry of compliance by completing approval applications; recording test results; preparing investigative reports; preparing and filing Declarations of Conformity; maintaining compliance database.
- Collates, creates and maintains the designers risk assessments in a company standard format.
- Liaises with customers, regulatory bodies, internal departments & suppliers about applicable standards.
- Ensures designs and build of equipment are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Enhances engineering and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable skills in process improvement
- Project management skills
- Great communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills with ability to work to tight deadlines whilst managing conflicting priorities
- Working knowledge of Spanish, Mandarin or Italian is an advantage, but not essential
- Engineering Degree - Production, Mechanical, Chemical or similar discipline
- 5-10 years post graduate experience
- In depth experience with compressors, knowledge of pipework, pumps and refrigeration would be a distinct advantage
- In depth knowledge of CE Marking, Machinery Safety Directive, Low Voltage Directive, EMC Directive and Pressure Equipment Directive.
- Knowledge of Production Planning, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Organization, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Operations Management.
- Able to interpret schematic drawings.
If your profile matches the description, do not hesitate to reach out to International Mobility team!
Send us an e-mail to: HR_internationalmobility@daikineurope.com
We will be more than happy to provide more details, answer to your questions and doubts and put you in a contact with the affiliate.