Please make sure that you have informed your manager before starting the application process.
About J&E Hall International
J & E Hall is one of world’s foremost refrigeration solutions providers. Our key activities include the design, manufacture, installation and after sales care of refrigeration and HVAC products.
As a member of the Daikin Group, J & E Hall has 10 locations and over 300 employees in the UK. A third of our workforce are service engineers who work remotely from UK service centres on customer sites. We consider our workforce to be a valuable asset and the success of our company is enabled by the dedication and development of our staff.
About the Business area
Our Process Systems and Marine business is based out of our head office in Dartford and regional office in Glasgow. We develop bespoke refrigeration packages using ammonia, HFC, HFO, CO2 and hydrocarbon refrigerants in the most demanding conditions.
Our industrial refrigeration design services assist clients at every stage of a project from system conception to commissioning and on-going support.
As part of Process Systems and Marine, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects from conception to completion across multiple industries. We have worked on prestigious worldwide projects including HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carriers and CERN, the largest physics laboratory in the world.
- You will be responsible for designing refrigeration systems which meet the demanding and complex needs of our customers. Ensuring best in market solutions which are cost effective and also long lasting.
- Select and produce thermal designs of vapour compression refrigeration plants conforming to statutory regulations, customer's specifications and J & E Hall standards
- Calculate refrigeration heat loads and pipework pressure losses
- Select heat exchangers, refrigerant controls, compressors, pumps and system components
- Check and approve refrigeration piping and instrument diagrams, plant arrangement drawings and control systems
- Work with electrical and electronic design engineers to produce least cost system design solutions meeting the customer's requirements
- Production of primary and secondary refrigeration circuit designs including selection of components, equipment and controls. Refrigerants include HFC's, NH3 and HC's. Secondary refrigerants include glycols, brines, Dowtherm, water, air and C02.
- Preparation of thermal design calculations using standard computer programmes and from first principles.
- Preparation of system design notes giving details of pipeline sizes, valve sizes, controls, etc. for purchase of materials and production of flow and P & I drawings by others.
- Check and approve supplier’s drawings and technical offers to ensure the equipment meets the design requirements.
- Check and approve in house General arrangement and Piping & Instrumentation drawings produced for a contract.
- Provide technical assistance to commissioning engineers and to assist in the production of technical publications.
- Provide expert advice and assistance to sales and project engineers.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of developments and trends with respect to system designs and new refrigerants.
- Attend meetings with customers at the enquiry stage and post order to promote the company's products and system designs.
- Attend site to carry out trials on refrigeration plant, preparing reports and surveys as required.
- Provide guidance and recommendations required to meet new and existing EC legislation and directives.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working on contracts up to £5m value.
- Works on own initiative, and to tight deadlines whilst managing conflicting priorities.
- Able to oversee the work of other design engineers and draughtsmen.
- Proven project management skills and great planning and organisational skills.
- Great communicator, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years in the Industrial Refrigeration industry
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Thermodynamics allied to Industrial Refrigeration systems
- Computer aid design programmes
- Refrigeration systems, controls and equipment
If your profile matches the description, do not hesitate to reach out to International Mobility team!
Send us an e-mail to: HR_internationalmobility@daikineurope.com
We will be more than happy to provide more details, answer to your questions and doubts and put you in a contact with the affiliate.