Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the exchange of business information electronically between business partners in a structured format.
Because of the structured format, electronic documents can be transmitted from one computer application to another computer application without manual intervention. So EDI simplifies the exchange of business critical information between suppliers and Daikin Europe N.V.
Benefits of EDI for Suppliers
EDI offers a solution for fast and error-free communication between the supplier and Daikin Europe N.V.:
- EDI enabled suppliers enjoy a privileged position at Daikin Europe N.V.
- Information exchange is interactive and can be better integrated
- Quality of messaging is improved
- Administrative work is reduced as data is inputted only once
- Master data is correct
- Suppliers’ existing IT infrastructure is used more productively
Benefits of EDI for Daikin Europe N.V.
In return, Daikin Europe N.V. improves its supply chain flow through a higher level of integration with its suppliers:
- Improved Hi-cycle production reduces the lead time to one week
- Re-engineering of business process leads to reduction of workload
- Fast and accurate information exchange, with no double inputting
- Greater transparency and traceability in the supply chain
Daikin Europe Full EDI
The introduction of Full EDI between Daikin Europe N.V. and its suppliers has been split into a number of phases. This diagram provides an overview of how we see the future use of EDI. Phases 1 to 3 are already executed. Phase 4 (Invoices) is not yet planned.
Phase 1: Sending Schedule Agreements
DELFOR (EDIFACT format)
CSV (DENV format)
Phase 2: Receiving Shipping Notifications
DESADV (EDIFACT format)
CSV (DENV format)
Phase 3: Use of Odette transport labels for internal reception process
Phase 4: E - Invoicing