Environmental Research & development
DAIKIN ALTHERMA HYBRID HEAT PUMP
There is a growing demand from home owners to replace heating systems, particularly gas boilers, with more efficient, cost-effective and environmentally-friendly systems that reduce CO2 emissions, energy consumption and bills. The Daikin Altherma Hybrid heat pump combines the latest and most efficient gascondensing boilers with our heat pump technology to achieve optimal energy efficiency. The most economical heating mode is selected depending on current energy prices, the outdoor temperature and the desired comfort levels. In an average European climate, most of the annual required heat output is delivered in hybrid mode and by the heat pump, resulting in up to 35 % higher primary energy efficiency.
VRV IV SETS THE STANDARD AGAIN
VRV IV is setting new standards for seasonal efficiencies for building owners, indoor comfort for users and installation simplicity for installers. Thanks to its revolutionary variable refrigerant temperature technology, VRV IV continuously adjusts the refrigerant temperature to the actual temperature and capacity needed, thus providing optimal seasonal efficiency at all times.
- Actively work towards achieving ISO 14001 certification.
- Comply with all current EU environmental legislation and regulations.
- Have no record of violations of environmental law within the past 2 years.
- Practise environmentally sound chemical substance management.
- Avoid using certain chemical substances (Daikin prohibits the use of many substances including cadmium, lead, asbestos, etc.) following RoHS and the 2007 EU Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemical substances (REACH) requirements.
- Follow eco-friendly packaging and design guidelines.
Solar power production
In August 2011, Daikin Europe N.V. increased its green energy capacity by installing 1,932 solar panels at its Ostend plant. Total energy generated by solar power in FY 2012 was 436,775 kWh, or 3.27 % of DENV’s total electricityconsumption (13,353,409 kWh).
DENV and DICZ: first 'green heart factories' in Europe
In 2012 at the European Production & Environment Conference in Daikin Applied factory in Italy, the plants of Daikin Europe NV and Daikin Industries Czech Republic were the first in Europe to get the certificate of ‘Green Heart Factory’. With this new initiative, Daikin Industries Ltd. want to encourage its plants worldwide to pay even more attention to the environment (“Green”) and to their involvement with society (“Heart”) during their activities. To obtain the certificate, the factories must make efforts on the following five themes: